GC Distribution Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. Managers at all levels of the company are required to maintain the company’s environmental policy. All employees are made aware of the company environmental policy and are encouraged to abide by it.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Only procure new vehicles that comply with the latest EC emission and noise specification.
- To continually improve and prevent pollution by controlling, monitoring and reducing the fuel consumption and emission levels of all vehicles in. Also to give consideration to alternative fuels.
- Commitment to comply with legal requirements and other RHA & TPN requirements.
- Ensure that vehicle weights remain within legal restrictions, limiting damage to highways and the environment.
- Encourage road safety and good driving practice by providing a high standard of training.
- Encourage greater fuel economy, so reducing emission levels, by providing a high standard of driver training.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that any hazardous goods carried are properly packaged in accordance with relevant national and international law.
- Use recycled paper and other recycled material wherever it is possible and practicable to do so.
- Recycle used paper and other material wherever it is possible and practicable to do so.
- Reducing usage of electricity where safe to do so.
Baring the above in mind, top management set the Environmental Objectives at the management review that is carried out annually. These objectives are reviewed annually and amended if need be.